Happy New Year to all of our readers!
We hope you like the new look and feel of the Aconex Blog. The new name signifies its function as a practical source of news and information on best practices in construction project management.
Our Industry Predictions for Construction Software
Now’s the time when we all think about the year ahead and what’s in store for the construction industry. Our own thoughts turn to construction technology – specifically, construction software for project information and process management.
- Increasing adoption of project collaboration solutions built specifically for construction management
- Continued growth of turn-key Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) construction solutions over generic enterprise software requiring extensive customization for construction
- Mobile construction apps for anytime/anywhere construction project management
- BIM project collaboration and management tools closely linking design and construction teams in the delivery of the as-built asset
- Big data – progressively larger project data volumes, internal/external data integration and analytics for measuring construction project performance
- Solutions supporting the entire construction project lifecycle – from feasibility through O&M handover and asset information management.
Want to know more?
Read more about these trends in Aconex CEO Leigh Jasper’s article in the December 18 issue of CitizenTEKK.
Also, for a broader, independent view of the “first generation transformation of the construction industry,” check out Ben Kepes’ article in the December 23 issue of Forbes.
What are your construction industry predictions for 2014?
Let us know what you think of ours and add your own.
If you want to see our projected trends in action – and how to capitalize on them for reduced risk and successful project delivery – contact us today for a demo of Aconex construction management solutions.
We are indeed living in exciting times. Don’t let them pass you by!
Latest posts by Tod Bottari (see all)
- Managing Construction Megaprojects - May 15, 2014
- Structuring Data for Construction Projects – Which Way to Go? - May 8, 2014
- CG/LA Infrastructure Report – Top 100 Infrastructure Projects in Latin America - May 1, 2014