China State Construction saves over US$1M on safety records and improves safety by 15%
Project name: China-Pakistan Economic Corridor - Multan to Peshawar Motorway section | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$2.8 billion | Location: Pakistan
The Multan to Peshawar Motorway project involved the development and construction of a six-lane, access-controlled highway with total length of 392 kilometers. The motorway is a tolled facility, originating at Karachi through Motorway M-9 and proceeding up to Hyderabad. The project is part of the One Belt One Road Initiative.
- Project-wide access and version control for documents, drawings and multidimensional models (BIM).
- Managing complex cross-organizational review and approval cycles.
- High data security requirements.
- Managing risk of disputes, claims and counter-claims. Fast and accurate access to status and reporting.
- Easy access to project information for sharing and retrieving –anytime, anywhere.
- Improved data flow to save time and reduce paper.
- Maximum project visibility and control, with configurable workflows to monitor and report on the status of drawings and documents.
- Project-wide building information modeling (BIM) collaboration to optimize design, construction, handover, and operation.
- Estimated savings of US$320,000 on design reviews.
- Estimated savings of US$1.2 million on safety records over the project life and safety improvement of 15%.
- Estimated savings of US$360,000 on request for information (RFI) management.
- Contingency reduction from 10% to 6% through increased schedule adherence and budget accuracy.