Oger builds Abu Dhabi Financial Centre with Aconex
Project name: Abu Dhabi Financial Centre | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Back to projects
The Sowwah Square development – also known as the Abu Dhabi Financial Centre – is a 460,000-square-meter mixed-use facility consisting of four office towers, the Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange, retail space, and parking.
- Large, dispersed project team from the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Austria, France, China, Italy, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon.
- Large volume of documents and tight project deadlines.
- Inefficiency and uncertainty of using hard copies, FTP sites and commercial email across different organizations.
- Risk of schedule delays and cost overruns.
- Secure, central collaboration platform with workflow management.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of all documents and correspondence.
- Efficient electronic transmittal of drawings and documents, with version control.
- Audit trail of every project transaction stored and readily searchable.
- 840 project participants from 85 organizations managed 1.3 million documents and sent 5,000 correspondence items – a total of 2 terabytes.
- Project team generated 65, 000 drawings, including revisions, and saved US$554,000 in printing costs.
- Team completed 180,000 workflow steps, and review and approval cycles were reduced by 20%.