AECOM builds out Boston’s Green Line with Aconex
Project name: AECOM Green Line Extension | Industry: Road & RailLocation: Boston, Massachusetts
AECOM and HNTB formed a joint venture to provide design services for the Green Line Extension project, a multi-billion-dollar infrastructure initiative of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The development will extend the oldest light-rail line in the U.S. to improve public transit service, air quality and travel times, while reducing automobile congestion, in densely populated areas.
- High-profile government project.
- Adherence to a Safety and Security Certification Plan for government-approved design criteria.
- Tracking and reporting of 400 certifiable elements in 12 different disciplines across seven contracts.
- 3,000-7,000 drawings per contract, with more than 500 common specification sections.
- Aconex platform for deep collaboration across multiple organizations and users.
- Clear interconnection between design files and hundreds of certifiable items, contracts, drawings, and submittals.
- Efficient reviews and processing of information to meet contractual time limits and avoid fees and penalties.
- Neutral repository for all documents and communications issued to the client.
- $500,000 per year saved in employee costs – reduction from seven to two.
- $300,000 per year saved from additional employees required to track certifiable elements through multiple contracts.
- Nearly 50% reduction of contractor submittal turnaround times, from 30 days to 17.
- Three times faster document search and retrieval.