Aguas Pacífico Anticipates 50% Faster Audit Process
Project name: Aconcagua | Industry: Water & WasteProject size: US$162 million | Location: Valparaiso, Chile
Aquas Pacífico SpA designs, finances, builds, and operates seawater desalination plants in Chile and abroad. the Aconcagua Project which will supply 1,000l/s of desalted potable water for industrial and residential purposes. Aquas Pacífico looked to Aconex to elevate the company’s project management: both in terms of operational execution and cost management.
Information dispersed between the working team and their different systems: computers frequently had old versions of documents and physical documents were still frequently used but not easy to locate.
Lack of consistent order or structure to the documentation across organizations meant that document versions and drawings were difficult to control.
Reporting required a significant amount of time to collate relevant information from multiple sources and it was hard to ensure completeness of reporting.
Aconex instills internal order to project management: both in terms of operational execution and cost management.
Centralized, standardized, and codified information align the working team.
Unrivaled total control over the project: across both external and internal teams working simultaneously from multiple locations.
Reporting is quick, easy, and agile to produce: enabling measurement of progress against critical milestones.
- The audit process is anticipated to be 50% faster, more complete and produce better results than the process would have through a manual process, since all documents and drawings are easily accessible through Aconex.
- Documents and drawings can be found in just a few clicks. It is much faster than using the past process.
- Assurance of correct versioning and consistent access to the right documents has improved quality and decreased disputes.
- Quality inspections are anticipated to take half the time compared to doing inspections via a traditional paper-based system because documents are organized and easily located in the cloud.
- Traceability of documents significantly reduces execution timings and facilitates optimal control of the project.