HKIA 3RS Gains Altitude with Aconex
Project name: Airport Authority Hong Kong Enterprise | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$18.3 billion | Location: Hong Kong SAR
The 10-year, Three Runway System (3RS) project is part of the Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) Master Plan 2030 and is intended to balance economic development with environmental conservation and sustainability. The scope of 3RS involves the reclamation of 650 hectares of land, a new 3,800-meter runway and supporting taxiway systems, a new passenger building with more than 280,000 square meters of floor space and 57 new parking spaces, expansion of the existing Terminal 2, a new 2,600-meter Automated People Mover system, a new Baggage Handling System, and construction of other associated airport support infrastructure. 3RS is expected to increase HKIA’s annual capacity by 30 million more passengers.
- Large, complex, high-profile program with a scope similar to the design and construction of a new airport.
- Numerous contract packages throughout the project lifecycle and a geographically dispersed project team.
- Requirement to connect all participants, data and processes in a single project communication system.
- Strict compliance requirements as well as a mandate to achieve high standards of environmental sustainability.
- Single collaboration platform for managing information and processes through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Document control, structured communications and automated workflows for critical processes.
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) for data exchange with internal systems.
- Integration with AAHK enterprise security standards and protocols.
- Project award to Aconex in an open tender process.
- Improved efficiency, reduced risk and early insights into potential impact on schedule and budget.
- Fast, easy searches for documents, communications and other project data over a 10-year span.
- Process control across all project activities and participants.