ALEC reduces communication response times by 50% with Aconex
Project name: ALEC Dubai International Airport Concourse A | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$4.5 billion | Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Back to projects
The Concourse A expansion project at Dubai International Airport (DBX) includes 20 new gates and 528,000 square meters of shops, lounges and hotels, increasing the airport’s passenger-handling capacity to 68 million annually.
- Reviews of various project documents by different reviewers.
- Flow of project information and communications across multiple organizations.
- Potentially costly delays due to required inspection approvals and notifications.
- Need to accelerate the process of performing and documenting site inspections.
- Automated review routing of project documents using customizable lists of reviewers.
- Configurable workflow capabilities allowing all project processes to be managed on one platform.
- Aconex Field enabling inspectors to sign off on completed inspections while on site.
- Efficient documentation of defects on tablets.
- 1-3 days saved by immediate uploading and availability of completed third-party inspection records.
- Time and cost savings from on-site capture, logging, managing, and resolution of defects.
- Reduction of 3-7 days in average review cycles by using Aconex workflows.
- Reduction of mail response times by 50% through training and process optimization.