Aconex helps major road project stay in the fast lane
Project name: Algeria Highway Construction | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$5 billion | Location: Algeria
Algeria’s $11.2-billion East-West Highway development is one of the world’s largest highway construction projects. Financed by the Algerian government, it will extend 1,216 kilometers and connect Annaba in the northeast and Tlemcen in the northwest – passing directly through 24 provinces and linking Algeria to Tunisia and Morocco. The largest project is the $5-billion eastern section of the Highway, a 399-kilometer, six-lane motorway that includes 190 bridges and viaducts and five tunnels. This section is being delivered by COJAAL.
- Large, dispersed, 2,000-member project team based across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America.
- Tens of thousands of drawings and documents to be filed, stored and distributed.
- Schedule delays caused by physical distribution of hard-copy files between team members.
- Risk of errors and rework resulting from miscommunications.
- Project collaboration between geographically dispersed organizations on a single, central system.
- Neutral, cloud-based platform serving all team members, while allowing them to control their own information.
- Anytime, anywhere access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files in real time.
- Management of all documents and correspondence.
- Reduced exposure to risks such as information loss, disputes over variations, and defects caused by outdated documents.
- Enabled the five joint venture parties to manage and share information in real time, helping to stay on time and budget.
- Reduced the cost of controlling and distributing documentation by managing data electronically.
- Provided on-the-ground training and support to all project participants, regardless of location.