AKTOR-YAPI-L&T-STFA-AL JABER ENGINEERING JV reduces rework and errors by 50%
Project name: Gold Line Metro | Industry: Road & RailLocation: Qatar
The 5 JV Partners making up AKTOR-YAPI-L&T-STFA-AL JABER ENGINEERING needed a system that would support the complex project coordination, real-time communication with the client and the PMC, and also be a reliable point of reference for over 2,000 employees and subcontractors for project documentation on the prestigious Gold Line Metro Megaproject.
- Coordination and collaboration across 5 JV partners on multi-billion dollar project.
- Managing communication and access across geographically dispersed teams (14 construction sites, 10 design teams and 203 subcontractors).
- Tracking and monitoring hundreds of review cycles across the project.
- Providing a common data environment for more than 12 million documents and more than 2,000 employees and partners.
- Cloud based system to which all 5 JV partners have equal access and rights.
- Platform accessible from anywhere via PC and mobile with 24/7 support for the entire project team.
- Configurable workflows providing real time tracking to manage all project review cycles.
- A secure system with no file type, size or space constraints.
- Real time reporting tool for: overdue workflows, processing time for document types, departments etc.
- Over 50% reduction in rework and errors through access to on time accurate info.
- 50% faster review cycles, from 28 days to 14, using Aconex enabled simultaneous reviews.
- 50% fewer document controllers needed. 22 document controllers manage the over 12M documents on this megaproject. It would have taken 44 without Aconex.
Document controllers are spending more time effectively managing information and processes to assist the users instead of handling documents.
Aconex trackable workflows have enabled very minimal overdue documents; without Aconex, penalties for overdue documents could have been a substantial cost to the JV.
Efficiency in maintaining environmental sustainability by helping to reduce the use of polluting consumables in the State of Qatar, such as printing and copying of documents.