Schaumburger Land Reconstructs Three Hospitals in One
Project name: ARCADIS Deutschland Schaumburger Land | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$155 million | Location: Schaumburg, Germany
The general hospital named Schaumburger Land in Schaumburg, Germany is considered a national showcase. The project merged and reconstructed three existing hospitals in a single complex. Schaumburger Land consists of 24,000 square meters of usable floor space and accommodates 21,000 patients per year, with a total of 437 beds. The project achieved a Gold pre-certification for sustainability from the DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council).
- High public visibility and strict compliance requirements.
- Aggressive project schedule and limited budget.
- Large stakeholder group of property councils, government agencies, designers, contractors, and hospital operations staff.
- Requirement for high standard of environmental sustainability.
- All project processes, data, communications, and approvals were managed on a single platform.
- Consolidation of all functions significantly reduced a massive administrative burden.
- Version control ensured that the project team had access to the latest information and avoided working from outdated documents.
- Project-wide visibility and control helped prevent schedule delays and cost overruns.
- Faster processing of invoices as a result of scanning and distribution.
- Elimination of printing of email attachments, manual filing and manual distribution of project information.
- Accelerated workflows from broad visibility of the status of all project activities.
- Complete documentation for operation and risk management throughout the useful life of the asset.
*Conject, which delivered this project, was acquired by Aconex in April 2016.