Aconex helps rail operator keep project on track
Project name: Auckland Metro Rail System Electrification | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$283 million | Location: Auckland, New Zealand
The Auckland Metro Rail System Electrification project represents the most significant redevelopment of the rail network in New Zealand since the 1980s. The project involves construction of a new signaling system, new overhead lines, and a new electric power supply system, and the purchase of new rolling stock. ONTRACK is now KiwiRail.
- Large number of project participants representing both public and private sectors must work as a single team.
- Disparate project is spread out along 4,000 kilometers of railway track.
- Many drawings, documents and correspondences need to be tracked and managed.
- Participants need to receive the right information at the right time.
- Common platform for information management across all project participants.
- Capability for participants to view, distribute and track information in real time.
- Audit trail providing a historical record of decisions and actions.
- Consistent set of processes for all participants.
- Improved efficiency and productivity across the entire project team.
- Streamlined communications between participants.
- Project information access any time, anywhere.
- Complete, documented archive of information for future operation and maintenance.