Austin Industries achieved a 10x improvement in accessing the right version of the right document
Project name: San Francisco International AirportTerminal 1 Boarding Area B | Industry: Aviation & PortLocation: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Austin Industries and Webcor Joint Venture was looking for an innovative way to share information across company platforms and provide one single "source of truth". They found it in Aconex, who worked with the joint venture to develop RFI, Submittal and approval workflows to better manage and mine the data and provide a complete project record on the complex San Francisco Airport expansion.
- Collaboration across a joint venture.
- Managing complex review cycles across various organizations, disciplines and reviewers.
- Information management on a JV airport project which is being built in coordination with an adjacent project at the airport.
- Managing the BIM files from design through handover to operations.
- Neutral cloud based system for both JV partners to use.
- Easily configurable workflows were set up to manage all project review cycles.
- A common data environment using meta data based search and configurable naming and numbering conventions is the single source of truth for the project.
- Lack of file size of type constraints enable BIM files to be managed, reviewed and manipulated like any other document or drawing on the project.
- 75% less time spent tracking and reporting on RFIs and Submittals.
- 10x improvement in quickly accessing the right version of the right document or drawing.
- 66% reduction in document control hours to manage communication between JV partners.
- BIM sharing and management is more efficient by being consolidated from multiple disconnected systems to all being managed on Aconex.