Aconex helps sports facility redevelopment project race to finish line
Project name: Australian Institute of Sports Redevelopment | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$29.6 million | Location: Canberra, Australia
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) undertook a comprehensive redevelopment of its Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) campus in Canberra. The project involved the construction of new residences for 144 athletes, as well as a study hall and dining facilities. The new AIS also included an Aquatic Testing and Training Center, a Sports Development and Education Center, an administration center, an indoor 120-meter running track, an altitude complex, and a range of multi-purpose training facilities.
- Nine separate sub-projects – each with its own project team.
- Inadequacy of traditional project management tools, such as paper documents and email.
- Difficulty of attaching large drawings due to file size restrictions.
- No audit trail of documents and communications received or responses.
- Secure, neutral project collaboration platform.
- Everyone collaborating on one system – no confusion over the location of project information.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of documents in real time from any location.
- Audit trail to ensure permanent documentation of every action and decision.
- More than 620 team members from 160 organizations collaborated on Aconex.
- Approvals were more timely because the project team wasn’t waiting for information or a response.
- Solid platform and service delivery infrastructure ensured system availability 24/7.
- The efficiency and productivity of the project team were improved.