BAM International Speeds RFI Cycles by 50% on Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium and Mixed Use Development
Project name: BAM Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium and Mixed-Use Development Phase I & II | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Phase I of the project consists of Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium, which was built to Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) standards. The stadium has become a benchmark for sports facilities in the Middle East. Phase II consists of a mixed-use development that includes 550 apartments in six five-story buildings, a commercial building with an underground parking structure, a food and beverage Souk, a stand-alone multi-story parking structure, and the 4-Star Aloft Hotel with its own parking structure.
- Needed a centralized system for all project team members across organizations to use.
- Resistance to technology adoption, reducing efficiency and visibility.
- Long review cycles, such as 14 days for requests for information (RFIs).
- Difficulty downloading huge BIM files on site or anywhere away from the office.
- Neutral platform giving each organization its own secure space and training to boost adoption.
- Standardization of platform to gain the benefits of Aconex across multiple projects.
- Initiative to encourage use and improve cross-organizational communications.
- No file size or format limitations to constrain sharing of multidimensional models (BIM).
- Paperless advantage of Aconex saved an estimated AED 12.9 million (US$3.5 million) for two projects.
- BAM reduced the number of document controllers from eight to two, saving AED 1.7 million (US$0.5 million).
- BAM cut RFI review cycle by 50%.
- All users now have fast access to BIM data without needing authoring software.