Belo Sun Mining finds gold with Aconex
Project name: Belo Sun Mining Finds Gold with Aconex | Industry: MiningLocation: Altamira, Brazil
Located approximately 60 kilometers from the town of Altamira (population 100,000) in northeast Brazil, the Volta Grande Project hosts a gold resource of 5.1 million ounces (measured and indicated) at an average grade of 1.69 grams per tonne (g/t) and 2.5 million ounces (inferred) at an average grade of 1.75 g/t Au. Since 2010, Belo Sun has drilled 204,937 meters (785 holes) in the exploration of the Volta Grande Project. The feasibility study commenced in 2013. The environmental permitting process has begun, with geotechnical and hydrological data collection to support the mining plan.
- 180 individuals from 15 companies in Canada, Brazil and Australia participating in the feasibility study.
- Consultants coming and going at different phases of the project.
- Limitations of in-house engineering software for complex multi-company projects.
- Requirement for immediate access to project information and the latest version of documents on an independent system.
- Cloud-based project data secure and accessible across different organizations.
- Document revisions registered automatically; project correspondence captured permanently.
- Single historical record of what’s been sent, what’s been received, what updates have been made, and what’s been approved.
- Easy to learn and use for broad adoption by the project team.
- Project data always available.
- Flexibility in bringing on new project team members.
- Significant reduction of project risk.
- Plans to extend Aconex deployment from feasibility to the tendering and construction phases of the project.