The SsangYong – BESIX JV Processes 70% More QA/QA Items per Month Using Aconex
Project name: The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Dubai, UAE
The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences project is the first super prime development in Dubai and supports the UAE’s Vision 2021 to elevate the country to rank as one of the world’s best in which to live and work. The SsangYong – BESIX Joint Venture required an EDMS and centralized system for construction and design information management which could adhere to a list of stringent requirements.
- Inconsistent information between the Client and Main Contractor organizations resulting in discrepancies
- Inefficiency around collaboration and inconsistent systems managing project processes.
- A QA/QC team that was overwhelmed by the task of manually logging, printing, tracking and scanning 10,000 Work Inspection Requests per year.
- Configurable workflows were set up to manage each type of review, providing visibility into due dates, status and point of responsibility.
- One central system accessed by all project team organizations provided one single source of truth.
- Secure cloud-based system, accessible at any time to make collaboration across geographies and time zones easy and efficient.
- Fully configurable naming conventions and numbering schemes set up from the beginning with input from all project stakeholders.
- 290% productivity increase in document control review cycles.
- Achieved 100% accuracy in Engineers Instructions register and content.
- 3 Document Controllers freed up from administrative tasks revamped the QA/QA process via Aconex.
- Now 70% more QA/QA items processed per month, over 3,500 issues compared to 1,000 issues.
- Client review of RFIs using Aconex workflows and centralized RFI register has resulted in greater traceability and accountability.