Deepwater Wind Powers Block Island on Aconex
Project name: Block Island Wind Farm | Industry: PowerLocation: Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Situated in the Atlantic Ocean 3.8 miles from Rhode Island, the Block Island wind farm is the first commercial offshore wind farm in the U.S. Construction of the five-turbine, 30-megawatt project was completed in late 2016. The clean power generated by this wind farm delivers economical, dependable energy, without harmful environmental emissions.
- Requirement for close collaboration among stakeholders, contractors and suppliers.
- Multiple wind farm components – foundations, cable systems, turbines, and blades – to be coordinated.
- Essential role of document control in on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Very large design files to be shared with contractors.
- Aconex platform’s ease of project set-up and use.
- Company’s successful track record with similar projects.
- Document control through a single register with automatic versioning.
- Extensive customer support.
- Efficient and straightforward uploading, transmitting and updating of files, with no size or format constraints.
- Execution of design reviews and other complex processes in relatively short time frames.
- Regular reporting to stakeholders on project status.
- Project delivery on schedule and within budget.