Built gets it built with Aconex
Project name: Built 20 Martin Place | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: A$100 million | Location: Sydney, Australia
Built has an enterprise agreement with Aconex to support construction, refurbishment and fit-out services on all of its projects throughout Australia. One particularly challenging project was 20 Martin Place, a 22-story, 19,080-square-meter office building in Sydney’s central business district. Built stripped the existing building down to the underlying steel structure and relocated its core. The firm also replaced inefficient building systems and installed a new, high-performance glass façade that reduced operating costs by minimizing energy requirements.
- Project team of more than 500, geographically dispersed between Australia and the U.S.
- Strict performance and sustainability goals – a 5-Star NABERS Energy rating and a 5-Start Green Star As-Built rating.
- Aggressive 18-month project schedule.
- Manual process for site inspections and defect resolution, causing close-out delays.
- Project-wide collaboration platform for ease of access to up-to-date documents, drawings and correspondence.
- “First principles” process for design reviews to fast-track project, meeting deadlines and owner expectations.
- Aconex Field for field inspections on iPads, speeding up defect capture and resolution.
- Visibility of all inspection issues in one review, plus the ability to create and sort lists with a few clicks.
- Improved communications to minimize rework and cost overruns.
- Mapping of design submittals to each discipline for shorter, more regular review cycles.
- Reduction of manual defect identification from two to three days to less than one hour.
- Streamlined process for inspection close-out through QR-code scanning for each area of the building.