Aconex helps deliver air cargo terminal project
Project name: Cathay Pacific Air Cargo Terminal | Industry: Aviation & PortLocation: Hong Kong
The Cathay Pacific air cargo terminal at Hong Kong International Airport is approximately 280,000 square meters in size and occupies a site area of approximately 10 hectares. The project included the construction of an eight-story warehouse with access ramps and an office building, along with a semi-automated material handling system.
- Complex project with a large, multi-company project team spread across several locations.
- Limitations of internally hosted systems to manage information and processes across organizational boundaries.
- High volumes of drawings, documents and communications between project participants.
- Requirement for a complete, accurate record of all project activities.
- Central, web-based platform linking all organizations involved in the development.
- Ability to access, distribute and track drawings, documents and approvals at any time, from any location.
- Timely, efficient project communications and data retrieval.
- Audit trail of every project transaction and an archive of project data for delivery to the owner.
- Independent, third-party platform provided neutral access to all project participants while enabling them to control their information.
- System facilitated trust between different organizations on the project team.
- Project collaboration with automated workflows reduced schedule delays and therefore cost and risk.