Colorado takes the high road on Aconex
Project name: Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$500 million | Location: Colorado, USA
CDOT and the High Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE), an independent, government-owned business, are engaged in multiple highway infrastructure projects, including the US 36 Express Lanes, I-25 North, I-70 East, and C-470. These projects fall under the HPTE’s mandate to pursue more efficient ways of financing infrastructure projects, such as public private partnerships (P3), design-build contracting and other methods of alternative delivery.
- State mandate for project records management and systematic processes for managing all aspects of P3 projects.
- Limitations of enterprise file-sharing software for large engineering documents and essential project processes like bidding.
- Certainty of audit for large government projects.
- Difficulty of recreating documents and actions for state auditors without an audit trail.
- Information and process control across entire projects and teams.
- No limits on file numbers, sizes or types, and ease of sharing large engineering documents and multidimensional models (BIM).
- Metadata-based web search with keywords for fast, easy searches.
- Automatic creation and maintenance of an airtight project audit trail for documentation of every step of every process.
- Demonstrated compliance with state auditor’s findings and recommendations for records management and P3 projects.
- Accurate record of project communications, change orders and schedules.
- Ready availability of all project documents, decisions and actions for auditor review.
- Reduce risk and increased efficiency in project management and delivery.