ISG Resolves Defects 200% Faster with Mobile Defect Inspection
Project name: ISG High Tech Facility | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$2.5 million | Location: Aberdeen, UK
ISG used a mobile defect inspection solution on the fit-out of a new £2m high-tech facility for a client in the oil and gas sector. Efficient identification, resolution and close-out of all issues helped deliver the fit-out ahead of schedule and on budget.
- Improving the defect management process.
- Coordination of 19 specialist subcontractors.
- Delivery of high levels of quality and consistency.
- Project complexity and the risk of increasing cost and schedule delays.
- On-site capture of defects using mobile devices connected to a cloud-based platform.
- Ability to identify and prioritize defects for more efficient resource allocation and project management.
- Configuration of the application to suit ISG’s specific processes on the project.
- Improved quality control through the ongoing inspection of subcontractors’ work.
- In less than two months, 319 defects were captured on site, shared and resolved to ISG’s quality standards.
- Administrative requirements for defect notification, response and rectification were dramatically reduced.
- The end-to-end process was 150-200% faster than previous manual inspections.
- The project was completed and approved by the client, ahead of schedule and within budget.
*Conject, which delivered this project, was acquired by Aconex in April 2016.