Aconex gets on board rail project
Project name: Delhi Airport Metro Express | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$626 million | Location: New Delhi, India
Delhi Airport Metro Express is a rail line linking Indira Gandhi International Airport to New Delhi city center. The six-station line is 22.7 kilometers long. Trains travel at up to 135 kilometers per hour, providing a travel time of 20 minutes between the airport and the city’s main shopping hub.
- Effectively collaborating across teams based in Spain, Germany and Hong Kong.
- Managing thousands of documents.
- Ensuring team members are working with the latest document versions – without losing track of changes.
- Identifying past actions and decisions – a record of what happened and why.
- Project collaboration between disparate groups on a single, central system.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files in real time – from anywhere.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Audit trail of who did what and when for the entire project.
- 430 project participants used the system to efficiently manage 125,000 documents and 425,000 correspondence items.
- Central document control team was replaced with just one administrator.
- Logging of changes and discussions made document management more structured and auditable to avoid issues and disputes.
- System dramatically reduced previous project printing requirements for time and cost savings.