DEME Group achieves a 66% to 75% time saving in new project set up
Project name: DEME Enterprise | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: United Kingdom
DEME Group manages offshore wind farms, dredging/reclamation, marine infrastructure and vessel construction projects on a global basis. The company needed a standard, yet configurable platform on which to manage document flow and inspections across the entirety of specialized projects, often between themselves and their joint venture partners.
- Maintaining stellar safety records on complex projects
- Consistent management of different project types on a safe and secure platform
- Need to efficiently manage the movement of team members from project to project
- Efficiently managing review cycles across different regions and time zones
- Ability to maintain a full project record that is easily accessible years into the future
- A configurable platform that can be templatized and easily set up per project type and by project.
- A consistent company-wide solution, managing all project information, making it fast and easy for team members to get up and running on new projects.
- Ability to raise more safety issues through an easy to use system that also provides visibility and accountability, while reducing admin time.
- Configurable workflows set up by review type and specific review team to manage review cycles.
- Proven, secure system, easily accessible by all team members to capture the full project record.
- A 66% to 75% time savings for setting up new projects that used to take typically 3-4 weeks but are now set up and ready to go in under 1 week.
- Standardization of project by project decision making, purchasing and system set up has saved around 1-2 weeks per project.
- At least 40% more safety issues are able to be raised and managed. The increased visibility has improved the overall safety record.
- At least 6 days of admin time and time zones coordination loss has been eliminated from design reviews.
- Reduction in archiving costs because each project has a complete record, easily accessible throughout the life of the asset.
- Using a cloud system is 50% more efficient than using a server-based solution behind the firewall and APIs saved document controllers time in synchronizing information between the old and new systems.