DFS group builds duty-free stores on Aconex
Project name: DFS Group Gallerias | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Singapore
DFS Group designed and constructed major retail stores – an extensive wine, spirits and tobacco outlet at Singapore’s Changi Airport, a large T Galleria on George Street in Sydney’s heritage neighborhood, and a galleria of more than 300,000 square feet in Macau’s entertainment resort, City of Dreams. Each project had its own challenges – extensive structural modifications at Changi Airport, the world’s fifth busiest hub; strict compliance with regulations protecting historical areas in Sydney; and a Macau building size nearly twice that of a typical “big-box store.”
- Minimizing disruption of passenger traffic, baggage-handling or other live airport operations.
- Strict compliance with protective regulations and multiple levels of public scrutiny.
- Store size and project complexity.
- Requirement to standardize data and processes across projects to ensure collaboration between design and construction teams.
- Aconex collaboration platform as a project “hub” which connects teams across many different organizations.
- Workflow management for design reviews, RFIs, changes and variations, and other core processes.
- Batch transmission of documents and version control.
- Audit trail to resolve conflicts and satisfy public reporting obligations.
- Real-time visibility and control of project information and processes.
- Improved efficiency and reduced risk.
- Identification of delays and bottlenecks to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Fast ramp to full productivity for project teams due to the platform’s intuitive ease of use.