Louis Berger-Egis Rail JV reduces document control time by 60% using Aconex
Project name: Louis Berger-Egis Rail JV Doha Metro | Industry: Road & RailLocation: Doha, Qatar
The Doha Metro system consists of an integrated rail network comprised of three main components: the Doha Metro, Lusail Light Rail Transit and the Long Distance Passenger and Freight Rail connecting Qatari cities to each other and Qatar to neighboring countries.
- Need to control multiple versions of documents.
- Manual communications process across organizations, which is subject to delays.
- Requirement for a more efficient and accurate way to generate reports.
- Need for full and accessible project record.
- Automation of the document control function for easy tracking and search of both current and prior versions.
- Elimination of hard-copy documents from the review process.
- Generation of ad hoc reports by managers in minutes.
- Archiving of documents in a single, neutral database immediately accessible to the project team.
- Reduced the required number of document controllers from an estimated 15 to 6.
- Reduced document search time, saving an estimated US$314,600 in labor.
- Reduced printing and handling costs, saving an estimated US$26,400.
- Cut the time required to create document status reports from a full week to minutes.