Dubai Airports Flies High with Aconex
Project name: Dubai Airports Enterprise | Industry: Aviation & PortLocation: Dubai, UAE
Under an enterprise agreement, Dubai Airports has standardized on Aconex solutions to manage virtually all small to medium-sized construction projects that are integral to operations at two major airports, Dubai International (DXB) and Dubai World Central (DWC). In line with Dubai Airports’ aggressive growth plans, DXB and DWC are under constant construction. Throughout all projects, normal airport operations must be maintained, with minimal to no impact on passenger or cargo traffic. Coordination and collaboration among many stakeholders is essential to on-time delivery, passenger experience and increasing airport capacity.
- Requirement for the efficient transfer of project information between stakeholders.
- Ensuring that airport operations run smoothly and passenger and cargo traffic is not affected by constant construction.
- Visibility of information flow and monitoring of response times for requests for information (RFIs) and document reviews.
- Efficiency of safety and quality inspections.
- Neutral, project-wide collaboration platform for managing core processes across the project lifecycle.
- Broad range of functionality, successful track record with capital projects, and familiarity within the regional construction industry.
- Tendering, design reviews, document control, workflows and approvals, change management, and analytics and reporting.
- Aconex Field for rapid identification and documentation of defects and their location for assignment to subcontractors.
- Selection of Aconex after extensive technical and commercial evaluations.
- Application of significant prior experience in the unique project environment that is aviation.
- Collaboration among Airport Operations, Engineering Services, over 100 individual airlines, customs, immigration, police, fire, and various government bodies.
- Faster defect resolution and close-out.