Airport concourse project experiences smooth landing with Aconex
Project name: Dubai International Airport Concourse 3 | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$4.5 billion | Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
The new Concourse 3 at Dubai International Airport is over 640 meters long and includes 20 aircraft gates, 18 of which can accommodate the Airbus A380. The built area of 528,000 square meters comprises Duty Free Shopping, lounges and hotels. The addition increases the airport’s passenger handling capacity to 68 million annually.
- Massive infrastructure project.
- Large volume of information to manage at this scale.
- Many project team members and organizations.
- Access to project information required in real time.
- Ability to access, distribute and track documents and correspondence at any time and from any location.
- Project collaboration between individuals and organizations on a single, central system.
- Management of project documents, drawings and communications.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Project-defined workflows ensured a consistent set of processes.
- Single repository of all information made search and retrieval fast and easy.
- Documents were reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Permanent audit trail reduced disputes over prior actions and decisions.