Parsons Brinckerhoff uses Aconex to connect thousands of team members to deliver the Dubai Metro Megaproject.
Project name: Parsons Brinckerhoff Dubai Metro | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$7.8 billion | Location: Dubai, U.A.E.
Dubai Metro’s Purple Line, the latest line added to the transit network, offers express and commuter service between Dubai International Airport and Jebel Ali Airport. Completed in 2012, the 49-kilometer line has six intermediate stations, three with baggage check-in facilities, which service passengers commuting between the two airports and major communities in those areas.
- Strategic, complex, high-visibility project.
- Large project team dispersed across Dubai, Thailand, Australia, and Hong Kong.
- Requirement for immediate transmission of documents and communications between team members.
- Need for scalability to high volumes of project data.
- Secure collaboration platform for project information and process management.
- Efficient communications between participants with a permanent audit trail.
- Management of drawings and documents, with version control.
- Unlimited training and support throughout the project.
- Close coordination between multiple teams – civil, structural, rail systems, transportation planning, environmental, systems assurance, architectural consulting, and construction.
- Thousands of participants connected by Aconex during the design and build phases.
- Reduced risk of errors and miscommunications.
- Fast deployment and broad adoption due to global support.