Enprode leverages BIM to advance Garri 3 and Port Sudan Power Plant Projects.
Project name: Enprode Garri 3 and Port Sudan project | Industry: PowerLocation: Sudan
Back to projects
This Sudanese Power plant which includes gas turbines, is owned by STPGC. The project is led by Enprode. The main equipment supplier is Siemens. Owner’s Engineer is Lahmeyer International.
- High profile public project with critical uptime requirements to provide power to the public
- Sharing and collaborating on BIM files throughout the project team
- Geographically dispersed teams with time zone and language barriers
- Regulatory requirement of the government owner, STPG
- Easy to use and fast to deploy platform with an excellent document and email search and retrieval, dashboards and configurable workflows
- One single source of truth providing secure space for each organization and a complete audit trail of communication and decisions
- Proven Connected BIM solution: project-wide access to models and data, clash detection and ability to view, rotate and mark up without authoring software
- Cost savings by adopting a secure cloud based central platform. No need to buy or maintain hardware or on premise software and improved access to the right documents helps reduce errors and keep the project on schedule
- Using Aconex Connected BIM has improved access to information, input from reviewers and has led to better project decisions. As these models are handed over they will make ongoing operations and maintenance more efficient over the 25 year projected life of the power plant
- Faster and more complete review and approval cycles by using configurable workflows
- Time, money and paper saved by eliminating the need to print 8 copies of each drawing and send to Sudan, Germany and Turkey