Improving accountability and efficiency on Europe’s largest wind farm project
Project name: CEZ Wind Farm | Industry: PowerProject size: US$1.5 billion | Location: Dobrogea, Romania
The CEZ Wind Farm – located in the Dobrogea region of Romania near the villages of Fantanele, Cogealac and Gradina – has a capacity of 600 megawatts and is the largest onshore wind farm in Europe. Continental Wind Partners managed the project’s construction. Its partner and investor, and the beneficiary of the farm, is the Czech utility group CEZ, one of Europe’s largest energy suppliers and producers. With an investment of up to US$1.5 billion, CEZ Group has become the largest foreign direct investor in Romania’s history.
- Complex project with large scope and scale.
- Thousands of documents and communications to be shared, tracked and archived.
- Real-time visibility of status of key tasks required to meet schedule.
- Requirement for access to information from anywhere at any time.
- Aconex platform to manage project documents and correspondence.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions.
- Streamlined process for archiving data on project completion.
- During the first stage of the project, Aconex was used to manage 95,000+ documents and 196,000 communications.
- Audit trail held participants accountable for what they uploaded and shared, providing peace of mind.
- Avoiding information loss, disputes over variations and defects caused by outdated documents helped save time and money.
- Processes and information were consistent across the project.