Farrans Builds Up with Aconex
Project name: Farrans Construction Enterprise | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Great Britain and Ireland
Farrans Construction is a leading building and civil engineering contractor with projects across Great Britain and Ireland. Since 2004, Farrans has deployed the Aconex platform extensively for information and process management on more than 30 large-scale, high-profile construction projects. Under an enterprise agreement, the firm is using the platform for tendering, pre-construction and construction management of its projects.
- Control of information across large, complex projects.
- Inefficiency of workflows, resulting in cost and schedule challenges.
- Conflicts between project participants, potentially leading to disputes.
- Staffing requirements for document control and administrative support.
- Project-wide collaboration for visibility and control.
- Aconex Connected BIM for collaboration between design and construction teams on building information modeling (BIM) projects.
- Dashboard of project health indicators, including insights and reporting.
- Mobile apps for on-site access to project data from tablets and smartphones.
- Standardization on Aconex for consistency across project portfolio.
- Automated workflows for improved efficiency and shorter process cycles.
- Audit trail of documents and communications to avoid disputes.
- Reduced document control and administrative staffing requirements.