Geelong builds new city infrastructure with Aconex
Project name: Geelong | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$34.8 million | Location: City of Greater Geelong, Australia
Jointly funded by the City of Greater Geelong, the State of Victoria and the Australian Commonwealth Government, this infrastructure and community development project provides an iconic addition to the City’s architectural and cultural landscape. The new Geelong Library & Heritage Centre features a unique geodesic dome constructed of glass and reinforced concrete and designed by the renowned Melbourne firm of ARM Architecture. The new nine-story building replaces a 50-year-old, two-story structure and serves as a community hub.
- Single largest construction project in the City’s history.
- High-profile development required to meet the terms of strict grant agreements, as well as funding guidelines and timelines.
- Project team of more than 330 individuals from over 100 different organizations in geographically dispersed locations.
- Project scope and complexity, with aggressive schedules targeting completion in late 2015.
- Pre-construction information and process management.
- Project-wide online collaboration for tendering, document control and workflow management.
- Field inspections and issues management on mobile devices, with site photos attached.
- Complete audit trail of all project communications, decisions and changes.
- User-friendly, broadly adopted solutions with robust functionality.
- Immediate access to project information, correspondence, and both current and prior versions of documents.
- Frictionless collaboration for complex design elements with demanding construction requirements.
- Improved efficiency and reduced risk, with tight controls project-wide.