Graham builds two hospitals in one with Aconex
Project name: Graham North Island Hospitals | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$488 million | Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
The North Island Hospitals Project (NIHP) is a public-private partnership (PPP) involving the design and construction of a 39,826-square-meter, 153-bed hospital in the Comox Valley and a 32,316-square-meter, 95-bed hospital in Campbell River. The goal is one hospital with two sites, requiring a high degree of coordination between the two facilities, which are located approximately 43 kilometers apart. Beyond providing a clinical environment for acute patient care, the Vancouver Island Health Authority intends to maximize efficiency for hospital staff by integrating systems both within and between the facilities.
- Design-build of two hospitals in one, with high visibility for both public and private stakeholders.
- Project team of more than 500 individuals across 100 different organizations.
- Large numbers of document versions, communication threads and workflow steps.
- High risk and strict compliance requirements for PPP and LEED Gold Certification.
- Project-wide collaboration for document control, correspondence and workflow management.
- Close coordination and tracking of all design and construction information and processes.
- Complete audit trail with a searchable record of all project data – from meeting minutes to drawing submittals.
- Technologically mature and stable platform.
- Improved efficiency and reduced risk across the entire project.
- Transparency and accountability for the multi-company project team.
- Strong stakeholder visibility of design and construction progress against schedule and budget.
- Fast, easy data searches for quality control and conflict resolution.