Hensel Phelps reduces handover preparation time by 30% with Aconex
Project name: Hensel Phelps US Federal Office Building | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$160 million | Location: Miramar, Florida, USA
The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) selected Hensel Phelps as the design-builder for the 380,000-square-foot regional headquarters of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. This is a building information modeling (BIM) project, and Hensel Phelps used Aconex Smart Manuals to produce and deliver digital manuals, including all BIM data, for the GSA’s operation and maintenance (O&M) of the built asset.
- GSA’s detailed handover requirements for BIM and facility management.
- Processing of up to 1,000 handover documents daily.
- Project team learning curve for sophisticated tools typically required to compile and organize O&M manuals.
- Risk of losing O&M data due to natural disasters or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Aconex Smart Manuals – a collaborative digital handover solution built specifically for construction and engineering projects.
- Electronic capture, review and assembly of documentation required to operate and maintain the built asset – during the project.
- Storage of O&M data in the secure cloud to prevent loss or corruption.
- Unique “click, browse and search” interface to maximize usefulness and relevance of O&M data to facility managers.
- 30% reduction in the number of hours required to import all project data for O&M manuals – savings of $10,000 per month.
- Over $100,000 savings in hourly engineering staff costs.
- 90-100% accuracy improvement, reducing the risk of incorrect information and rework at handover.
- $50-100 cost savings (1-2 hours) per incident over the asset’s life.