Hines shores up Toronto Waterfront with Aconex
Project name: Hines Bayside Waterfront Toronto | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$22.5 million | Location: Toronto, Canada
Bayside Waterfront will consist of more than two million square feet of residential, office, retail, and cultural space. The public infrastructure construction phase, funded by three levels of government, is scheduled for completion in March 2015. This phase includes dock wall stabilization, a public promenade along the water’s edge, and Merchant’s Wharf, a new municipal street running to and along the water’s edge. The promenade presented contractors with a number of challenges – such as an overburden of environmentally impacted landfill with low bearing capacity and a high water table.
- Complexities of the public infrastructure phase of the project.
- Need for many organizations and users to share project information and status.
- Increased risk of cost overruns and missed deadlines due to promenade issues.
- Administrative costs associated with sequential bidding during the tender process.
- Independent collaboration platform for securely sharing and managing project information and processes.
- Automatic updating of document versions in a document register.
- Permanent storage of all project information in the cloud.
- Electronic tender and bid management.
- Near elimination of printing and delivery costs during the tender process.
- Generation of reports to identify logjams and bottlenecks.
- Complete audit trail to resolve information and process conflicts.
- Project on schedule and within budget.