IKEA upgrades flagship store in London
Project name: IKEA Wembley | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Wembley, London, U.K.
The comprehensive refurbishment of IKEA’s flagship store in Wembley involves the upgrade of virtually all areas of the store. IKEA constructed a 6,000-square-meter showroom with 60 new display rooms and six complete display homes. In addition, the retailer built 40 new checkout lanes, a children’s play area and a 1,000-square-meter restaurant. The restaurant can accommodate 600 people, making it one of the largest restaurant spaces in London.
- High-profile project with a large, diverse team.
- Requirement for centralized collaboration between specialist firms across the U.K.
- Need to share project information in real time and adhere to common workflows.
- Risk of miscommunication, information loss, disputes, rework, and delays.
- Secure, central collaboration platform connecting multiple organizations.
- Ability to access, distribute, track, and archive files in real time, from any location, at any time.
- Scalability to manage thousands of documents and correspondence items each month.
- Web search capabilities for fast, easy data retrieval.
- Improved efficiency across the project team.
- Timely document review and approval.
- Reduction of paper usage, with associated cost and environmental impact.
- Mitigation of risk caused by outdated document versions and