Aconex lands world’s largest airport terminal project
Project name: Indira Gandhi International Airport, Terminal 3 | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$2 billion | Location: New Delhi, India
Terminal 3 at Indira Gandhi International Airport occupies 520,000 square meters and can accommodate 34 million passengers per year. It is over three kilometers long and includes 160 check-in counters, 78 aerobridges and 85 aircraft stands. The Terminal 3 expansion project included a new runway, Asia’s second longest.
- Construction timetable compressed to 39 months for the Commonwealth Games.
- Globally dispersed project team of more than 70 organizations, with 45 outside of India.
- Limitations of FTP sites, hard copies and email for project communications.
- Bottlenecks and difficulties meeting turnaround targets.
- Single, secure, neutral project collaboration platform.
- Management of all project documents and communications.
- Automated workflows for faster review and approval.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions.
- Team managed more than 300,000 documents and 1 million emails – up to 100,000 in a single month.
- Every document and communication was accessible and searchable from remote locations.
- Project members received notification of new items and browsed tasks and actions in one place.
- Project was delivered in time for the Commonwealth Games.