JAPEX manages massive LNG project on Aconex
Project name: JAPEX Soma LNG Terminal | Industry: Oil & GasProject size: US$500 million | Location: Shinchi Town, Japan
JAPEX is using the Aconex platform to manage construction of its first liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal. Project deliverables consist of a cargo ship berth, a massive storage tank and a connecting pipeline for LNG. The 40-kilometer pipeline will transfer vaporized gas from the terminal in Soma Port to the JAPEX Niigata-Sendai Pipeline. The three-year delivery schedule is accelerated compared to other LNG terminal projects. Plans for the terminal include measures to protect all facilities from the effects of earthquakes and tsunamis.
- Complex, ambitious, high-visibility energy project.
- Requirement to process documents, correspondence and workflows in Japanese.
- Geographically dispersed project team.
- Aggressive schedule for an LNG project, with a high risk profile for the joint ventures involved.
- Project-wide collaboration using the Japanese language.
- Strong on-the-ground support team in Japan.
- Document control and communications on a secure, neutral, cloud-based platform.
- Workflow management for process alignment and transparency across the project team.
- Improved efficiency and consistency for significant time and cost savings.
- Reduced likelihood of errors and rework as a result of controlled workflows.
- Risk mitigation through document control and a project audit trail.
- Fast, easy searches for documents and other project information.