Alderon Iron Ore Corp. and Aconex forge project around new mine
Project name: Kamistiatusset (Kami) Iron Ore Project | Industry: MiningProject size: US$1.27 billion | Location: Labrador, Canada
Back to projects
The Kamistiatusset (Kami) Iron Ore Project is located in the Labrador trough, next to the mining towns of Wabush, Labrador City and Fermont. It is expected to produce 8 million tonnes per year beginning in 2015.
- Hundreds of thousands of documents – over 150 document types.
- Large project team ranging from St. John’s, Newfoundland to China.
- Collaboration complicated by email, various internal servers and additional channels.
- Need for access to current documentation from anywhere, 24/7.
- Single platform for document management, viewing and control.
- Neutral, cloud-based system for improved efficiency and accuracy.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions.
- Easy document search and retrieval.
- Real-time access to current documentation around the clock, around the world.
- Document turnaround time shortened, increasing productivity.
- Automated document control for hundreds of thousands of documents.
- Project team fully operational within weeks of Aconex deployment.