Kuwait Takes the High Road on Aconex
Project name: Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Causeway | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$2.6 billion | Location: Kuwait City
The Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Causeway is one of the largest and most prestigious transportation infrastructure projects in the Gulf region, connecting Kuwait City with an area across Kuwait Bay known as Subiyah New Town or the City of Silk. The new settlement, which is expected to be completed in 2035, is planned as a major stop on China’s “One Belt One Road” initiative, which is intended to revive the ancient Silk Road trade route. The contractors for the project are a consortium led by Hyundai Engineering & Construction of South Korea and Combined Group Contracting (CGC) of Kuwait.
- International consortium of multiple contractors requiring project visibility and control.
- Project team spread across Kuwait, France, Egypt, Lebanon, and the U.S., all requiring immediate access to project information.
- Escalating volumes of daily transmittals, including inspection requests, checklists, approvals, and progress reports.
- Labor-intensive process of gathering operation and maintenance (O&M) handover materials.
- Project-wide, neutral and easy-to-use collaboration platform connecting all participants.
- Workflow automation and standard processes for everything from project communications to O&M handover.
- Efficient management and tracking of Requests for Inspection (RFIs) across organizations and geographies.
- Digital O&M manuals for a smooth transition from construction to causeway operation and maintenance.
- Significantly higher project visibility and control.
- Secure sharing of documents and fast information search and retrieval.
- Easy tracking of RFI transmittal and response status and reduced manual record-keeping.
- Streamlined gathering of all drawings, blueprints, photos, change orders, reports, manuals, warranties, permit approvals, and operating procedures.