Sewage biofiltration plant gets the Aconex treatment
Project name: Lagares Sewage Biofiltration Plant | Industry: Water & WasteProject size: US$188 million | Location: Vigo, Spain
The Lagares project in Vigo is creating Spain’s largest biofiltration sewage treatment plant. With an initial capacity of 147,000 cubic meters a day, the plant serves 800,000 people. The existing facility is being expanded and modernized to improve space utilization and operational flexibility. Biofiltration technology is being implemented to treat waste water for compliance with environmental safety standards.
- Complex project involving advanced technology and multiple stakeholders.
- Requirement for all organizations to manage their own internal processes and information while collaborating as a single team.
- Seamless flow of information critical, especially during the transition from design to construction.
- No budgetary allowance for delays or errors resulting in rework.
- Common, neutral platform for sharing of all project-related information and workflows.
- Anytime, anywhere exchange of project data between team members across different organizations.
- Management of project documents, drawings, correspondence, and processes.
- Document tracking to ensure team focus on latest versions, mitigating delays and disputes.
- Significantly reduces risk and increases return on project.
- Shortens intervals for review and approval of documents.
- Provides neutral access for all team members, which still control their own information.
- Ensures a consistent set of project processes and information across all organizations.