Two pipelines carry oil and gas to India’s shore
Project name: Leighton Welspun Contractors | Industry: Oil & GasProject size: US$200 million | Location: Indian Ocean
Leighton Welspun is building the Heera RD Phase-II Pipeline and an additional pipeline for India’s Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). These underwater pipelines, each approximately 75 kilometers long, transport oil and gas from production platforms in the Heera and Mumbai High fields in the Arabian Sea.
- Multiple geographically dispersed organizations on the project team.
- Information access needed at anytime from anywhere.
- Many files too large to distribute over commercial email.
- Project status tracking key to managing risk.
- Collaboration platform centralizes all project information in one place for secure access by the entire project team.
- Mobile apps enable access to information from iOS and Android devices.
- Audit trail provides record of who did what and when.
- Aconex implementation, training and support got the project up and running quickly.
- Whether on site, on the road or in the office, project managers can capture information, respond to RFIs, view and mark up documents, and make timely, actionable decisions.
- Permanent audit trail minimizes issues related to prior decisions or actions.
- Documents for all suppliers are captured, processed, tracked, and reported for efficiency and accuracy.
- Project cost and risk are reduced.