Hospital redevelopment tracks to plan with Aconex
Project name: Lyell McEwin Hospital | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$23 million | Location: Adelaide, Australia
Lyell McEwin Hospital provides a comprehensive range of specialist and diagnostic treatment services to approximately 196,000 people. The redevelopment included the complete replacement of over 34,000 square meters of medical facilities, which was carried out over two stages within a fully operational hospital facility. The project also involved construction of new mental health, linear accelerator and radiotherapy facilities; refurbishment of existing buildings; and the upgrade of building infrastructure in 20 separate stages of work.
- Thousands of documents and correspondence items created and shared between project team members.
- Time, cost and risk of traditional methods of information management – paper documents, couriers and email.
- Requirement for fast access to and distribution of project data across different organizations.
- Need to track communications to confirm receipt and ensure the required actions.
- Secure, neutral collaboration platform for project information and process management.
- Cost-effective system to exchange information between team members.
- Significant savings on office space, compared to the storage of project data on compact discs.
- Complete audit trail to resolve conflicts – who did what and when.
- 680 participants from 176 organizations used Aconex to store and manage more than 200,000 documents and correspondence items.
- Enhanced control of information flow resulted in effective management of all drawings and documents.
- Document creation, transmission and printing were reduced to a few minutes.
- Quality assurance was improved for each phase of the project.