Keeping M25 Fit for Traffic
Project name: Connect Plus M25 Motorway | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$128K to US$3.8 million. | Location: London, England
The M25 is the UK’s busiest motorway, used by approximately 200,000 vehicles a day. Keeping this level of traffic flowing is a constant challenge for the government’s Highways Agency. In 2009, Connect Plus was awarded a 30-year contract to maintain the quality of the M25 surface and surrounding areas. Connect Plus is a unique partnership with a collective strength in highway asset care from financing through design, building and maintenance, as well as day-to-day operation.
- Managing all contract communications in line with the deployment of the NEC Term Services Contract.
- Coordinating numerous subcontractors and an increasingly mobile Connect Plus workforce, all operating within a single contract framework.
- Keeping project activity on track without consuming valuable resources that could be better deployed elsewhere.
- Controlling project risk due to the potential for human error, oversights, failure to meet deadlines, and cost discrepancies.
- Project controls ensure the efficiency of all contract communications in line with the NEC Term Services Contract.
- Document management provides a secure and trusted repository for all documents across the program.
- All project participants are able to collaborate effectively through the web-based platform.
- Project information can be accessed and updated at any time, from anywhere.
- All participants comply with the implementation of the contract across all projects in the program.
- Project controls proved highly adaptable, accommodating multiple variations of different contracts.
- The project team has far greater visibility of current status relative to cost and schedule.
- Contract Management application significantly simplified administrative processes and managing subcontractor relationships.
*Conject, which delivered this project, was acquired by Aconex in April 2016.