Aconex helps manage oil tanker conversion project
Project name: Maari Field FPSO | Industry: Oil & GasLocation: New Zealand
Tanker Pacific Offshore Terminal (TPOT) was contracted to procure an oil tanker and convert it into an offshore floating production storage offloading (FPSO) facility for installation in the Maari Field off the coast of New Zealand. The FPSO vessel processes and stores oil from the Maari Field before it is offloaded to calling tankers.
- Complex project with large volumes of documents and correspondence.
- Project team members located in Norway, the U.A.E., Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Requirement for team collaboration across different organizations.
- Difficulty of finding project information in a timely manner.
- Secure, central platform for project information and process management.
- Document management with version control.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Web search capabilities for fast, easy data retrieval.
- Improved efficiency of communications across the project team.
- Coordinated document control between organizations.
- Project information available on demand and for regular reporting.
- Anytime, anywhere access to the project for real-time collaboration.