Aconex receives high marks for new school projects
Project name: Abigroup Melbourne School Developments Project | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$190 million | Location: Melbourne, Australia
The Victorian State Government launched an initiative – Partnerships Victoria in Schools – to design, build, finance, and maintain 11 new schools in Melbourne’s main growth corridors. Delivered as a public- private partnership (PPP) project, construction of the new schools occurred in two phases.
- Tight deadlines – schools required to open for the new school year.
- Projects and project team spread over a large geographic area.
- Inefficiency and untrackability of email for transmission of project information.
- Large file sizes – up to 2 megabytes each.
- Online collaboration system helped manage documents and correspondence across the multi-site project.
- Neutral, cloud-based platform improved efficiency across different organizations.
- Project team accessed, distributed, tracked, and archived files in real time.
- System stored all project information securely so that it couldn’t be lost or corrupted.
- 440 people from 150 different organizations used Aconex.
- Project team managed more than 30,000 documents and correspondence items each month.
- Tracking outstanding RFIs improved accountability across the team and ensured follow-up and closure.
- Centralized database reduced the need for a distributor of project information.