Aconex helps Malaysian builder improve profit margins
Project name: Menara Wakaf | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$50 million | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Completed in 2011, Menara Wakaf – also known as Menara Bank Islam and Menara MAIWP – is a mixed-use development located in Jalan Perak, within Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle. The single-block, 34-story tower covers an area of approximately one-half hectare.
- Many investors and other stakeholders requiring regular project updates.
- Extremely restricted construction area, with limited time window for building activity.
- Requirement for efficient project communications and timely information access.
- Document management, search and retrieval across multiple organizations.
- Secure, central platform for managing project documents and correspondence.
- Real-time access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of project information.
- Efficient design reviews and capture of changes through automated workflows.
- Web search capabilities for fast, easy searches – seconds rather than days or weeks.
- Exchange of 5,600 documents and 13,000 correspondence items between 20 different companies.
- Reduction of hard copies and emails and their associated costs.
- Immediate access to financial information for project stakeholders.
- Profit margin improvement from 7% to 9%.