Metro de Santiago moves quickly with 47% faster design reviews
Project name: Metro de Santiago | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$2.8 million | Location: Santiago, Chile
Metro de Santiago is the underground railway network serving the city of Santiago, Chile. It is the second largest in the region following the Mexico City Metro, and it is seventh in train frequency worldwide. The Santiago Metro carries about 2.5 million passengers every day. The P63 project consists of the construction of two new lines. Metro de Santiago Line 3 is 22 kilometers with 18 new stations serving six communities and 660,000 people. Line 6 is 15.5 kilometers with 10 new stations serving seven communities and 870,000 people.
- Effectively managing the magnitude of drawings and documents.
- Ensuring and documenting regulatory compliance.
- Turning around design reviews in a timely manner to keep the project on schedule.
- Having a complete and accessible project record to support ongoing maintenance, operations and future retrofits.
- Central access to all project information by all team members via the cloud-based Aconex platform.
- Immediate visibility of all correspondence, designs and documents.
- Standardized workflows to easily access and review drawings online.
- Digital archive providing a full project record.
- 47% reduction in document review time in the first six months.
- 90% reduction in printing and related paper costs.
- 91% reduction in project implementation time from 45 hours to four hours.
- Improved communications with 95% of the cross-organizational project team using Aconex.