Metrolinx accelerates productivity across transportation projects
Project name: Metrolinx | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$6-77 million | Location: Ontario, Canada
Metrolinx has managed over fifty projects on Aconex, including: The Kipling Mobility Hub (C$109 million), a major transit station that will integrate subway, regional rail, rapid transit and local bus service. Cooksville Parking Garage Structure (C$100 million), which provides additional parking at the Cooksville Mobility Hub.
Milton Layover Expansion Trains 9 and 10 (C$8 million), a peak period train service between Union Station and the Town of Milton.
- Manual processes plagued productivity, running up countless hours in tracking document transmission and receipt statuses via an Excel spreadsheet.
- Difficulty verifying the latest version of documents led to errors and rework, increasing project costs.
- Lack of transparency made it impossible to track when an email had been received and the status of project actions.
- Without a consistent platform across projects, it was difficult to standardize and streamline processes.
- Instant access to information across the project team and powerful search tools have dramatically increased the speed of information retrieval.
- Automatic tracking of document changes ensure there is no doubt about when a document change was made or who made the change.
- Transparency and automation of project communications eliminate information bottlenecks and keep projects moving forward faster.
- Managing multiple projects on one platform helped us standardize and improve process performance.
- Document processing decreased from 10 minutes to five minutes, for a time savings of 50%.
- Turnaround times for shop drawing reviews decreased from 10 to eight days, improving the turnaround on subsequent consultant contracts.
- Aconex provides instant access to information if team members know the drawing number or document title, and powerful search tools if they don’t.
- Consistency across projects enables faster access to information, decreased turnaround time on reviews and saved on training and implementation time.