CMLC and MHPM Build Library on Top of Tunnel with Aconex
Project name: CMLC MHPM Calgary Central Library | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$214 million | Location: Calgary, Canada
The location of the City of Calgary’s new Central Library includes a light rail line that bisects the site, creating design and construction challenges. The first phase of the four-year project involves building a tunnel to encapsulate the light rail tracks. The project’s second phase involves construction of the library on top of the new transit line tunnel. The new library will consist of 240,000 square feet of space. CMLC and MHPM are the developer and project manager, respectively.
- Project complexity and high-profile, public visibility, with multiple stakeholders.
- Approximately 100 users from more than 20 different organizations – expected to rise significantly as construction progresses.
- Need for robust project communications and document management – beyond email and spreadsheets.
- Requirement for a clear audit trail of processes, approvals and agreements between project stakeholders.
- Project-wide collaboration and a common data repository for the project team as it evolves through the four-year project.
- Construction industry-specific functionality and a proven track record in supporting complex, cross-organizational projects.
- Fast, easy tracking and search of all project communications and documents.
- Unlimited training for all users and special sessions for more advanced users.
- Efficient management of contract administration and construction processes.
- Superior traceability of project data – who got what and when.
- Speed and ease of locating specific data for approvals and other processes.
- Best practices in corporate governance and public compliance throughout all phases of the project.